yesterday i traced off the pattern, then spent some time in the evening to sew it up. i thought the floral print might be a little too busy or young looking, but i don't really care. i just wanted a cozy top. i happened to have this grey knit leftover from anastasia's coat and there was just enough to cut the cuffs and neck binding. it helps to break up the floral i think. then i thought, hey why not add that little triangle patch you see on sweatshirts? i really have no idea what it's there for, but the more i sew the more i notice the truly random details on rtw. so why the heck not? i cut a triangle patch and zig zagged the edges down before constructing the top.
this could not have been an easier top to make! the raglan sleeve is wicked fast to put together. dixie offered this pattern in one size, which just happened to be my size, so the only changes i made were lengthening it by 1", then adding 1/2" at the hem so i could turn a 3/4" hem instead of the drafted 1/4". i have monkey arms so i made my cuff 4" so the sleeves would be long enough. i prefer a wide cuff so this worked out just fine. by the way, all the seams have a 1/4" SA. i love her for that! so much easier to sew and a fabric saver to boot.
|hi-low hem! look at me being all trendy.|
i have a few leftover projects unblogged from 2012, my 2012 favorite makes, what i want to accomplish this year... i'll get to all of that, it's just really nice for once to blog a fresh off the serger project. i'm so glad i have this top to lounge in today. not only am i nursing a cold but it's currently 10 F outside. that would be -12 C for you metric folks. brrrrrrrr!!!!